Who is this for?
University of Toronto (U of T) stakeholders, as well as the media and the general public, who are interested in learning about the resources, services, and training offered by the SciNet High Performance Computing Centre.
What do I need before I can begin?
There are no prerequisites to accessing information about SciNet. To use SciNet’s resources and services, you need to be an academic researcher. Please get in touch with a contact within the Division of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation (VPRI) if you have questions concerning the SciNet High Performance Computing Centre.
- SciNet is a high-performance computing (HPC) consortium of the University of Toronto and associated research hospitals, serving the computational needs of Canadian academic researchers
- SciNet is Canada’s largest supercomputer centre, providing Canadian researchers with computational resources and expertise necessary to perform their research on scales not previously possible in Canada
- Its mission is to provide computational resources, specialized support and training to any Canadian academic researcher
- SciNet Computing Resources include: Niagara, High Performance Storage System (HPSS), SOSCIP GPU Cluster (SGC), Power 8 GPU Test System (P8)
- SciNet Education delivers a training and education program towards SciNet's Scientific Computing Certificate, Data Science Certificate, and High Performance Computing Certificate
- Act as the administrative centre for SciNet