Who is this for?
This searchable database, which provides information on the latest Canadian and International research funding opportunities and research trends, is intended for:
- Principals, Deans, Academic Directors, and Chairs
- Professor, Faculty Member
- Teaching Stream Faculty
- Senior Research Associate, Research Associate
- Research Team Member
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Research or Financial Administrator
What do I need before I can begin?
You need your utoronto.ca email address in order to register for Pivot. If you do not know or cannot access your utoronto.ca email address, please visit the Help Desk, First Floor, Robarts Library; or call 416-978-HELP (4357); or email email@example.com.
Pivot is a comprehensive international funding database to which the University of Toronto subscribes on behalf of faculty. The database provides you with a curated list of funding opportunities as based on your departmental appointments, research interests, publication and granting history, and other profile information. To keep pace with growing and evolving research fields, Pivot’s expert editors continuously update an authoritative list of keywords that are carefully matched to each Pivot funding opportunity. Enter search terms, sponsor name, or browse by keyword to explore the latest funding opportunities and research trends.
Pivot is a multi-functional website that allows you to:
- Receive weekly email notifications of new and updated funding opportunities, as based on profile information
- Conduct and save advanced funding searches which can include Canadian and international funding opportunities
- Share funding opportunities with colleagues