Submit an Animal Use Protocol

What do I need before I can begin?

Please read When Do I Need an Animal Use Protocol? to confirm a protocol is needed.

You will also need a valid UTORid and an account on My Research Animal Protocols (MRAP).


The University of Toronto (U of T) uses an online Animal Use Protocol (AUP) software program called My Research Animal Protocol (MRAP). Please see Principal Investigators – My Research – Animal Protocols (MRAP) Tip Sheet for detailed information on how to use the MRAP software to submit a protocol.

Forms & Downloads


  • Support and assist faculty and staff members with the use of the online protocol software, including how to submit the protocol

VPRI Contact


Other Resources