Who is this for?
- Professor, Faculty Member
The Centre for Research and Innovation Support (CRIS) serves as visible hub where researchers can learn about and easily access services, training, research tools, and expertise offered across the university. CRIS is a university-wide, researcher-centred unit that provides coordinated support for faculty and divisional research offices in order achieve the following.
- Enhance visibility and access
- Enable collaboration and partnerships
- Address emerging unmet needs
University of Toronto (U of T) faculty members have access to exceptional resources, services, and expertise to support excellence in research and innovation. These supports stretch beyond the Division of the Vice-President, Research & Innovation (VPRI), and are offered by a wide range of departments and divisions. By providing leadership and coordination with shared services and academic divisions, CRIS promotes the visibility of, access to and value of research and innovation supports.
CRIS serves as both a visible and virtual hub and tri-campus connector for these supports. CRIS offers a researcher-centric website where faculty can learn about and easily access the many existing services, training, research tools and expertise offered across the university. CRIS leverages the combined expertise and strengths of the VPRI, U of T Libraries and Information Technology Services in order to achieve the following.
- Navigate and coordinate support for faculty and divisional research offices
- Act as a bridge to enhance visibility and access to the many existing services, training, research tools and expertise offered across the university
- Partner with central units and divisions to anticipate and respond to emerging unmet needs, and advance the design and delivery of complementary and high quality programming
- Enable centralized access and training for research and innovation information and analytics tools
- Provide collaborative space and expertise to elevate collaboration and partnership opportunities
Our approach to develop and deliver services is guided by the following.
- Engage and Listen: CRIS aims to deliver researcher-centric services, ensuring continuous opportunities to engage with our stakeholders (faculty, divisions, campuses, service delivery offices – both central and divisional)
- Complement and Amplify: U of T is rich with many superb supports and resources for our faculty. CRIS will work to identifying resources and supports both internal and external to U of T that CRIS should promote, amplify access, spread and scale across the university. With respect to emerging issues, CRIS will build on and leverage existing expertise and resources
- Partner and Guide: As a hub and connector, CRIS will pull together pan-university teams, to develop and deliver on our priority areas. CRIS will provide structure and guidance and ensure pedagogical approaches and leading practices are considered
- Deliver a research-centric, practical and coordinated hub with core supports that include training, a resource hub, the researchers’ toolbox, and collaborative space