What is the My Research system?
The My Research system is an online portal for research-related administrative and financial activities at the University of Toronto (U of T). It is made up of the following four systems.
- My Research Applications (MRA) is an automated system for the submission and internal review of research funding applications, as well as the submission and management of agreements without a funding component (e.g. Data Transfer Agreement)
- My Research On Line (MROL) provides access to financial reports on research funding accounts
- My Research Animal Protocols (MRAP) enables the submission and review of animal research ethics protocols
- My Research Human Protocols (MRHP) enables the submission and review of human research ethics protocols
Who is this for?
The following types of users have access to the My Research system.
- Principals, Deans, Academic Directors, and Chairs
- Professor, Faculty Member
- U of T staff supporting research applications and programs or ethics protocols
- U of T students submitting or supporting ethics protocols
- Community members participating in the ethics review process
- Administrative staff at the affiliated hospitals supporting the review of funding applications
Why is the My Research system important?
The My Research system was developed to ensure the effective, efficient, complete, accurate, integrated, and transparent management of research activities, harmonized across central service units and partner offices in the academic divisions.
What do I need before I can begin?
Those looking to access the My Research system require UTORid login credentials and an up-to-date employee record in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), as many of the roles in My Research are auto-assigned based on HRIS data.
List of Topics
- Provide access to the My Research system
- Provide training through the Research Administration Improvement & Systems Enhancement (RAISE) team
- Provide support through the RAISE Helpdesk