Who is this for?
DiscoverResearch is the place to find the University of Toronto’s (U of T’s) research experts. It is a great tool to showcase research expertise; help spark collaboration; connect with industry, media, and prospective graduate students; and much more. Discover Research is relevant to the following.
- Principals, Deans, Academic Directors, and Chairs
- Professors, Faculty Member
- Teaching Stream Faculty
- Adjunct Professor
- Research or Financial Administrators
- External Partners
- General Public
DiscoverResearch is the place to find U of T's research experts.
At the University of Toronto (U of T), our faculty conduct research that has impacts across a broad range of disciplines. DiscoverResearch is a new online tool to highlight, celebrate and promote all of our research experts to help spark discovery, connection and collaboration.
Faculty can use this tool for the following.
- Showcase their research and expertise – highlight artistic performances, compositions, podcasts, videos, etc.
- Signal availability for media requests, graduate student supervision, industry and academic collaboration, etc. Identify other academics for collaboration opportunities
- Leverage automated data from trusted sources – publications, grants, awards, etc. – from TSpace, PubMed, Web of Science, Scopus, RIS, and more
- Download up-to-date CVs and activity reports, and integrate with the Canadian Common CV (CCV) soon!
- And much more!
We are actively seeking early adopters! Join DiscoverResearch and help us shape this exciting new tool for U of T.
DiscoverResearch is in its early days. We will be developing the tool, adding great features, and onboarding profiles throughout 2022. We are actively seeking early adopters!
Please reach out to our implementation team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be featured on DiscoverResearch, or if you’d like to discuss how to onboard your department/division.
Join us later in 2022 for a full launch!
How can I learn more about DiscoverResearch?
Please join us at an upcoming monthly DiscoverResearch Lunch & Learn. Register through the Centre for Research & Innovation Support’s EVE registration system.
Why are there only a handful of profiles on DiscoverResearch?
This tool is in its early days – these are our early-adopters as part of the soft launch. We are adding new profiles daily and welcome users at any point. We are targeting a full launch by fall 2022.
Why is my division/unit not represented on DiscoverResearch?
We are just wrapping up a pilot phase during which only a few divisions/units participated. We will be reaching out to everyone in early 2022, and we welcome new units. Please contact us at email@example.com to be included.
- Manage and support DiscoverResearch