Who is this for?
The STrengthening Administration of Research (STAR) program is aimed at University of Toronto (U of T) staff administering research and innovation funds, which includes the following.
- Professor, Faculty Member
- Research or Financial Administrator
What do I need before I can begin?
You do not need to complete any prerequisites to access STrengthening Administration of Research (STAR) resources.
Rules and regulations governing research and innovation can be numerous, complex, and sometimes difficult to navigate.
In 2015, the Division of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation (VPRI) initiated the STrengthening the Administration of Research (STAR) education and outreach program. The goal of the STAR program is to provide educational resources that support the University of Toronto’s (U of T’s) research and innovation community in the following.
- Understanding and successfully navigating all steps of the research and innovation life cycles
- Being aware of the distinct roles of the wide range of people carrying out and supporting research and innovation
- Staying current with relevant processes and systems
- Sharing best practices
- Networking with peers and experts
Join your peers in expanding your knowledge on a range of research administration topics!
Indirect Costs of Research: The Full Story
|Wed Jan 18, 2023||10:30 am - 12:00 pm||Workshop Recording & Materials|
MRF Initiative: A Makeover for MROL & FReD
|Wed Mar 22, 2023||2:00 pm - 3:00 pm||Workshop Recording & Materials|
DiscoverResearch – U of T’s New Expertise Discovery Tool
|Thu Apr 13, 2023||10:30 am - 11:30 am||Workshop Recording & Materials|
Researcher's Guide to Industry Partnerships
|Wed May 24, 2023||10:30 am - 12:00 pm||Workshop Recording & Materials|
Managing Research using FIS & RIS Tools
|Tue Jun 20, 2023||10:00 am - 12:00 pm||Workshop Recording & Materials|
The CFI workshops are limited to U of T faculty and staff (e.g. Business Officers, Project Managers) currently administering CFI awards. Individuals will be invited to register. If you would like to add your name to the distribution list, please send a request to the contact at the bottom of this page.
The CFI workshops cover the best administrative practices at each stage of the award’s life cycle. To access previous CFI workshop recordings and resources, see Previous STAR Workshop Presentations & Resources.
- Provide training and education to the U of T community to facilitate and support successful research and innovation
- Collaborating with research stakeholders to develop new and effective ways to provide training and outreach